I began by making my foil elements first. It had been a while since I played around with foils, so I just had a play. I started by stamping flowers onto white cardstock and patterned paper using the Wow embossing pad. I then gently sprinkled with Wow embossing powder and gave it a good heat with my heat gun to melt all the powder.
I gently placed my foil onto the image, shiny side up and carefully gave it a press down. Use Caution as the powder will still be very hot thru the foil. I left it to dry naturally before i removed the foil. If when you remove the foil there a few bare patches, reheat the image and go back in with your foil.
Once I was happy with my flowers, I coloured some of them in with watercolour pens and cut them out.
Tip: I really liked the image that was left on the foil after I peeled it away. So, I carefully glued it directly to a piece of white cardstock and cut it out when it was dried. Full shiny flowers as an added bonus.
Next, I took a piece of cardstock and placed lengths of different width red line tape across it. I removed the tape in sections, adding different coloured foils as I was going across to create a sort of ombre fading effect.
Again, if you have bare patches go back in with the foil. I was not that hung up on the bare patches, I quite liked the rustic effect.
Next, I began to build the card up. I cut a brown piece of patterned paper to 5.5” x 5.5”. I distressed the edges and glued it to my kraft card. Next, I added a vintage doily, slightly offset, trimming away the excess.
I added my foiled stripy piece of card across the bottom of the doily and wrapped around garden string to finish.
Next, I cut a piece of patterned paper to fit the middle of the doily. I had a nice bird paper, but you could easily stamp your chosen image in the centre of the circle. I matted the circle on pink cardstock and added it to the doily with foam pads.
Next, I took some foiled leaf images and added them to the outside edge of my bird circle. Then I began adding my foiled flowers. I scrunched some of the flowers up to give them depth. I added some flat with glue and some with foam pads. I added diamante to the centre of each flower.
To finish I stamped a sentiment, again foiled it and added it to the stripy banner.
I hope you can have as much fun making your projects shiny as I did.
Wow bonding powder
6 x 6 Kraft card blank and envelope
Vintage paper doily
Coloured water colour pens
Cardstock in cream, pink and white
Red line double sided tape in various widths